Navy Code of Ethics
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY CODE OF ETHICS
Key References: Title 5--Administrative Personnel Chapter XVI--Office Of Government Ethics Part 2635--Standards Of Ethical Conduct For Employees Of The Executive Branch--Table of Contents Subpart A--General Provisions Sec. 2635.101; Employees’ Responsibilities under Executive Order 12674 (as amended)..
- Place loyalty to the Constitution, the laws, and ethical principles above private gain.
- Act impartially to all groups, persons, and organizations.
- Give an honest effort in the performance of your duties.
- Protect and conserve Federal property.
- Disclose fraud, waste, and abuse, and corruption to appropriate authorities.
- Fulfill in good faith your obligations as citizens, and pay your Federal, State, and local taxes.
- Comply with all laws providing equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or handicap
Use nonpublic information to benefit yourself or anyone else.
Solicit or accept gifts from persons or parties that do business with or seek official action from DOD (unless permitted by an exception).
Make unauthorized commitments or promises that bind the government.
Use Federal property for unauthorized purposes.
Take jobs or hold financial interests that conflict with your government responsibilities.
Take actions that give the appearance that they are illegal or unethical.