WHO WE ARE:
Naval Special Warfare is the premier maritime special operations force conducting full-spectrum operations, unilaterally or with partners, to support national objectives. We leverage our access, placement, and expertise to influence and enable solutions in the most challenging environments with precision, lethality, speed, and certainty.
WHAT WE DO:
- Conduct full-spectrum operations, unilaterally or with partners, to support national objectives.
- We leverage our access, placement, and expertise to influence and enable solutions in the most challenging environments.
- Ensure NSW is postured properly for strategic competition.
- Develop unique NSW capabilities
- Strengthen partnerships and fleet integration.
NSW’s future success depends on our ability to gain and retain the competitive advantage by relentlessly developing creative and relevant solutions. We must balance and evolve sustainable capabilities, capacity, and concepts to defeat and counter any adversary. We will ruthlessly innovate to increase our lethality, agility, and relevance across the full spectrum of Special Operations. The solutions we seek are rapid, sustained improvements designed to support our warfighters.
Today’s world of aggressive maritime competition, gray zone and hybrid warfare, and highly contested domains requires a robust NSW-Navy partnership that combines existing strengths with innovative technology to deploy a fleet with unequalled capabilities.
NSW will expand innovation efforts inclusive of technology, organization, and processes by leveraging DoD and industry investment and talent. Through innovation, we pursue exponential disruptive opportunities while reducing the risk to mission – all at reduced cost.
For additional information, please contact the SOCOM AT&L Engage SOF (eSOF) Office at eSOF@socom.mil
Areas of Interest
MARITIME PLATFORMS AND SUBSYSTEMS
PRECISION STRIKE SYSTEMS
- Accelerating maritime mobility, lethality, and access through recapitalization of SOF maritime assets to enable and extend the warfighters’ capability.
- Investing in improvements to NSW Surface Maritime current fleet of combatant craft as well next generation craft. Areas of focus include Alternative Positioning, Navigation and Timing (ALT PNT), communications in contested environments, and improved survivability of the craft.
- Naval Special Warfare’s unmanned surface and subsurface platforms increase the fleet’s capacity for distribution and expand our intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance advantage.
- SOF Combat Diving utilizes Commercial Off the Shelf equipment in Maritime Environmental Protection, Diver Navigation, Diver Propulsion, Underwater Communication, Signature Management, and Systems Integration.
COMMUNICATIONS IN DENIED/DEGRADED ENVIRONMENT
- Provides organic direct- and indirect fire weapons support when external fire support provided by general support/direct support (GS/DS) ground and naval assets, CAS sorties, and armed UAS, is not available.
ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND AUTONOMY/ UNMANNED SYSTEMS
- Advanced Position, Navigation & Timing (PNT) technologies.
- Secure, agile, and low probability of detection/low probability or intercept (LPD/LPI) communications networks with global reach back.
- NSW will modernize its multi domain UxS portfolio, emphasizing three priorities: autonomy, interoperability, and alignment.
TACTICAL VEHICLE SITUATIONAL AWARENESS
- Clothing, equipment, and vessels specifically designed to reduce their signature across the electromagnetic spectrum.
REMOTE WEAPONS STATION TARGETING
- Technologies to provide greater situational awareness within an armored vehicle, to enhance battlefield situational awareness and safety.
VIRTUAL REALITY FOR TRAINING, PLANNING AND REHEARSALS
- Advanced targeting systems that quickly identify and engage threats while using a remote weapons station to increase battlefield effectiveness and ensure mission success.
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (AR/VR) for transformative applications to individual skills training and linked unit level training. Applications for tactical training, planning, and rehearsals that take advantage of mature commercial standards in software, hardware, and application program interfaces (APIs) to ensure interoperability with existing Program of Record architecture.